The Local Police of Totana has rescued this past morning from a fire to a neighbor of this town, after starting one of the bars of the uninhabited house, located in the Paseo de Las Ollerías, which he had occupied a few hours before and release when he was already beginning to have significant symptoms of fatigue from inhaling the smoke.
The incident occurred after 00:30 hours when the warning was given from the room of 092 to the two patrols that provided surveillance service in the town to urgently go to the fire of a house in this area of â€‹â€‹the urban area, in the one that a man asked for help screaming with despair from inside.
According to police sources, a neighbor went to the Local Police Headquarters, near the place of the incident, warning that from one of the windows of the house the voice of a man was heard asking for help because he was suffocating and could not get out.
The two patrols were moved to the place, whose agents, with the means available to them, basically a shear and a bull, pulled part of the anchored iron that protected the window, freeing the man from the fire and the smoke that came out abundantly from the house.
The fire in the house, property of a neighbor of Totana and that is uninhabited at present, was put down by a brigade of the fire station Alhama-Totana, producing numerous material damages in different interior dependencies and destroying great amount of equipment.
An ambulance was also displaced that attended to the victim of the symptoms by inhaling the smoke.
Apparently, the individual occupied the house in order to spend the night in the building, so he lit a candle and stayed asleep, so that when he woke up it was all full of smoke and fire and he did not know the characteristics of the home for get out.
Source: Ayuntamiento de Totana