murcia

Portal de Totana

www.portaldetotana.com

Totana - SpanishTotana - English
detail of Totana

 

The statement gives the Autonomous Community of Cultural Property in the parish church of Santiago de Totana (17/04/2009)

The Governing Council has declared a Cultural (BIC) with the rank of monument to the church of the Immaculate Yecla, San Juan Bautista de Archena and Santiago de Totana.

BIC has also been declared the flour mill 'The Innovative' of Murcia and the lobby of the City of Fortuna.

The Church of the Immaculate Yecla, Spain, at the corner of the town, is an example of transitional architecture from Baroque to neoclassical.

Construction began in 1775, the architect José López and also an architect Jerome concluded Ros.

Of its interior features a sculpture of the Virgin of Sorrows, by Francisco Salzillo, as well as murals and Rafael Muñoz Barberán Roses Rivadavia, all maritime theme.

The temple has the status of basilica by being added to the Lateran, Rome.

The church of San Juan Bautista de Archena, which was built during the eighteenth century, is distributed in a Latin cross plan with three naves, the central wider and taller than the side, linked by arches, pilasters Ionic townhouses.

The facade is unfinished and, as in many other similar buildings, the cover was designed symmetrically flanked by two towers, of which lack the financial means to continue, could only stand one.

The dedication of the temple at San Juan Bautista is driven by the membership of Calasparra Archena and the Order of Saint John of Jerusalem.

The parish church of Santiago de Totana located in Constitution Square, next to City Hall and a monumental baroque fountain was built in the years 1549-1567.

Santiago Temple responds to type basilica with three naves, the central wider and taller than the side.

In the aisles appear chapels, as well as on both sides of the head.

At the foot of the temple is the chorus.

Mudejar coffered ceiling highlights the central nave.

On the other hand, the flour mill 'The Innovative', located in Murcia, in the beginning of the old road to El Palmar, was conceived as a set of buildings around a large central courtyard and rectangular proportions in which the center was main factory building.

It was built in 1886 with a project of the Catalan architect Rodolfo Ibáñez and she currently maintains the facade that faces the road and the two pavilions that served as offices and homes flanking the access, now used as municipal offices.

Finally, BIC has also declared the lobby of the City of Fortuna, which has in its interior paintings on the walls and roof made in 1907 by the painter José María Medina Noguera.

There are eight panels with landscapes, humanized allegories and symbols, which are the modern decoration integrated and best preserved of the Region.

These statements also apply to movables which house buildings.

Source: CARM. Foto: archivo Totana.com

Notice
UNE-EN ISO 9001:2000 - ER-0131/2006 © 2019 Alamo Networks S.L. - C/Alamo 8, 30850 Totana (Murcia) Privacy policy - Legal notice Región de Murcia
Este sitio web utiliza cookies para facilitar y mejorar la navegación. Si continúas navegando, consideramos que aceptas su uso. Más información