murcia

Portal de Totana

www.portaldetotana.com

Totana - SpanishTotana - English
detail of Totana

 

The PP will ask the Ministry of Agriculture to mediate adaptation to the new Animal Welfare Act from January 2013 not strangle the livestock sector (20/09/2012)

Councilman Agriculture, Diego Munoz, will file a motion in full this month from the CP Group to request the Ministry of Agriculture to mediate adaptation to the new Animal Welfare Act from January 2013 does not strangle the livestock sector and competitiveness resting against third countries.

The motion also asked the Ministry of Agriculture of Murcia to press in the debate on the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) to prevent excessive bureaucracy in cattle movements within the EU continue hurting the sector.

Muñoz said in the motion that "the future of farming looks very difficult, especially the pig, following the entry into force on January 1, 2013, the Animal Welfare Act, the transposition of a directive European force the increase in area farmed by each head of cattle containing ".

In the case of pigs configures the first product in quantity and importance of livestock in Murcia, and represents 10% of the national total to more than 5,000 farms in the whole of regional geography, with a turnover of 800 million euros a year and employing over 17,000 people.

The pork industry represents 70% of the final production livestock.

Today, many families living in Totana this important economic sector.

The number of breeding and fattening farms that exists in the region of EUR Guadalentín 1468, are 614,766 while the total number of heads that comprise the census.

The practical application of this European Standard may lead to closure of most pig feedlots in this region, as well as many of the holdings of players since going to force reforms in almost all pig farms, which owners will cost about 150 euros per square bait and around 230 euros per square breeding mother.

Farms that have not been adapted to the new rules within six months, they can not sell their cattle from January 1, 2013, so that law enforcement will ruin for farmers, many cases will be doomed to closure of their holdings.

80% of pig farmers Guadalentín area are integrated into large groups of production, a system in which the owner of the rented facilities to a major company, while the other 20% of livestock farms remains independent and is the greatest danger has disappeared by the start of this legislation macha.

Presumably, most of the farmers have no free money to implement reforms.

Source: PP Totana

Notice
UNE-EN ISO 9001:2000 - ER-0131/2006 © 2018 Alamo Networks S.L. - C/Alamo 8, 30850 Totana (Murcia) Privacy policy - Legal notice Región de Murcia
Este sitio web utiliza cookies para facilitar y mejorar la navegación. Si continúas navegando, consideramos que aceptas su uso. Más información